Purple pepper values:
- The best customized service
- Quality and work ethic to be proud of!
- Passionate about helping young people
- Simplicity- focused attention!
Something about me:
- BSc (HDE), Cum Laude, University of North West, 1992
- Taught Cambridge Curriculum in Namibia
- GDE and IEB Gr 12 external sub-examiner (±15 years)
- Head of Maths Department at Hatfield Christian School (6 years)
- ±26 years of experience
- Groups are small (usually 1 – 10).
- Please bring the following to the first lesson:
o examination pad
o All Your school Maths books (scripts, textbooks, etc.
o Previous test(s), if available
- Homework will be given. IT IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL THAT HOMEWORK GETS DONE (ON THE SAME DAY). I will inform you in case the homework is not done.
- NB: How not to do Maths: READ
- NB: How to do Maths: READ AND WRITE (The main key in mastering Maths!)
- Your child is welcome to contact me via sms/e-mail/WhatsApp when he/she needs assistance at home.
575 Beagle Road, Garsfontein, X13
Frequency of tutorials:
Consistency is definitely very important!
- Monday: 14:30 – 16:00 (Gr 11/12) ; 16:10 – 17:10 (Gr 5 – 9)
- Tuesday: 16:00 – 17:30 (Gr 10-12)
- Wednesday: 15:30 – 16:30 (Gr 5 – 9)
- Thursday: 14:30 – 15:45 (Gr 5 – 10) ; 16:00 – 17:30 (Gr 10 – 12)
- Friday: 14:15 - 15:45 (Gr 10 – 12)
Important dates to diaries: (Exam prep sessions, 2019)
- Gr 7 - 11: Saturday, 19 October
- Gr 12: Saturday, 17 August
Please plan for these sessions in advance.
Furthermore, we present NBT (MAT) prep sessions for Gr 12 students.
Please visit our Homepage for further details.
- I sincerely recognise and appreciate the faithful payments by most of my clients. There have been some areas of frustration though.
- Fees are payable up-front and per month (strictly before the 3rd).
- Monthly fees are equal and payable from January to December.
- The final payment is therefore payable at the beginning of December, before 3/12.
- Please note that cancelations need to be made one month in advance.
- No cancelations will be accepted after July.
- For your convenience monthly electronic statements will be e-mailed.
- If a student is unable to attend a class for any reason or other engagements such as sport, special exams, sickness etc. the parent/student/guardian is still liable for the fees to ensure the availability of the lesson when the student returns.
- Please make use of the electronic payment option or payment at any Nedbank branch. Regrettably no cash will be accepted.
- No refunds will be given for classes cancelled or missed.
- Regrettably no catch-up lessons.
In terms of good business practice and sound service delivery so
many recipes exist, yet I believe this stands out: Open, effective, efficient and healthy communication.
Please contact me should you have the need to discuss matters.
Positive, constructive feedback is always welcome!
Your child’s well-being and success is really important to me!
Last but not the least: The final responsibility to improve academically lies with the student.
Consistent, hard work always yields fruit.
Please do not expect quick results.
It is however important to realize that this will happen over time.
Duard le Roux